EcoSmart™ concrete is produced by replacing cement in the concrete mix with an optimum amount of supplementary cementing material, such as fly ash, a by-product of coal fired power plants.
- What is the difference between concrete and cement? What is fly ash? Learn the definitions of these terms and more in the What is it? section.
- Learn more about supplementary cementing materials (SCMs) in SCM Basics.
- Read about how EcoSmart concrete can outperform conventional concrete in the Benefits section.
- The differences between working with conventional and EcoSmart concrete are outlined in the Challenges section.
- Did you know that ash was used in the construction of the Pantheon 2,000 years ago? Learn more about the history of concrete and supplementary cementing materials in the History section.
- Have a question about EcoSmart concrete? Look for the answer in our FAQ section.
- … and finally you will find a Glossary of common terms of the cement and concrete industry