The Advisory Committee to EcoSmart in the Emirates (ACEE) is now well established. Several committee meetings have been held since September 2007.
The ACEE will work with the EcoSmart management team to help introduce EcoSmart Concrete to the UAE construction industry. The ACEE will review and, where appropriate, recommend changes and additions to all aspects of EcoSmart’s program in the UAE.
The short-term objective is to prepare one or more demonstration projects of the use of EcoSmart Concrete in the UAE. The longer term objective is ensure that EcoSmart Concrete – drawing in part on the demonstration projects – is widely accepted and used in the UAE and in surrounding regions, and that the infrastructure is in place to ensure a consistent, high quality, low cost supply in the UAE of supplementary cementing materials (SCMs), especially fly ash.
The ACEE is comprised of experts from key companies and organizations relating to the construction industry in the UAE. Their participation in the project will do much to further both EcoSmart Concrete and green building in the region.
- Ms. Zahra Al Aboudi, Head of Quality, Ministry of Public Works, Abu Dhabi,
- James Aldred, IVTA Manager, GHD
- Dr. Adil K. Al Tamimi, Associate Professor, American University of Sharjah
- Dr. Alaa Ashmawy, Dean of Engineering, American University in Dubai
- Dr. Denis Beaupre, Operations Manager, Unibeton
- Daniel Brown, Materials Manager, Al Naboodah Laing O’Rourke
- Roderick Chisholm, Structural Manager, Arenco
- Gerald Davidson, Technical Advisor, Sharjah Cement
- Ali Ahmed Elian, Head, Engineering Materials Laboratory Section , Dubai Central Laboratories,
- Matthew Hargreaves, Project Manager, Scott Wilson Kirkpatrick & Co Ltd
- Samuel Keehn, Environmental and Sustainability Manager, Energy Management Services,
- Safwan Mawas, Readymix Beton
- Andrew Mountain, Technical Director, WSP Middle East Ltyd
- Ashfaq Rahman, , Abu Dhabi Municipality,
- Rula Sadek, General Manager, Design and Planning , Nakheel
- Dr. Elias Saqan, Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering, American University in Dubai